I absolutely love mason jars. They are one of the most versatile items you can use to decorate any space. Whether you are planning a rustic wedding or looking to add some color splashes of color throughout your bathroom adding a mason jar may just be what you need to make all that possible. Today I have a super easy DIY for all of your diy bride-to-be’s and readers out there and that is a diy distressed mason jar. The beauty about this diy is how easy it is to recreate yourself. Alright guys time to get crafty!
Materials you’ll need:
Martha Stewart Matte Chalkboard Paint or any other matte finish paint
Soft Paint brush
Sand paper or coarse grit material
Wax paper (or any other paper material you don’t mind getting dirty)
1. The first thing you’ll need to do is paint your jar. So grab your soft paint brush and apply strokes of paint in a downward motion. You really want to make sure your jars and paint brush are really clean so there is no streak marks left as you paint your jar.
2. Once you have applied your first coat of paint let it air dry for about an hour or two. Proceed with adding another layer of paint and continue to let this coat air dry as well.
3. After you are satisfied with the look of your mason jar it is time to distress!
4. Once you are satisfied you can either let your jar cure by placing it in the oven for 325 degrees for 15 minutes to make sure the paint is adhered to the jar or you can just let it sit out for 24 hours.
5. Get a small piece of your sand paper( a nail filer would also work great for this) and begin distressing your mason jar by rubbing the grit materials onto certain areas of the jar. Get creative there is no wrong or right way to do this.
VIOLA! That’s it I told you these diy distressed mason jars were easy to make guys. Now it’s time for a special giveaway.
Today for two lucky readers I will be giving away one distressed mason jar in the color of their choice and another $20 Rustic Folk Wedding shop credit on anything in our Etsy shop to another reader. All you have to do to enter is like Rustic Folk Weddings on Facebook and Instagram and tag 3 friends on instagram you think will be interested in our giveaway. Yep that’s it!
Photography by Charmaine Sylvia Photography